Positive thinking is a powerful tool that can improve your health, help you manage stress, overcome challenges, and make better choices. Everyone can benefit from improving their positive thinking and self-talk skills! The idea is that by changing your thinking, you can better manage your emotions and your actions. Positive thinking skills often start with positive-self talk and affirmations, which means using the voice in your head to say positive thoughts about yourself or a situation. Kids and young adults, in particular, always could use more positive thinking in their lives. By beginning to think more positively, kids can learn to believe in themselves and work towards their individual potentials.
Kids and young adults can use a positive affirmation list by reading the words to themselves or out loud, discussing how they might help, and identifying which phrases would work best. Get your own free printable with 101 positive affirmations for kids and use it to have them choose their top 10 favorite positive affirmations from the list to say in times of need.
Once you have a list of positive affirmations, check out more ideas and activities to practice positive affirmations with kids and teens. It includes ideas for an affirmation circle, fill-in-the-blank games, and even positive thoughts breathing. It’s important to help kids and young adults build that positive voice overtime with lots of practice.
Here is the list of 101 positive affirmations that kids and young adults can say to themselves.
- There is no one better to be than myself.
- I am enough.
- I get better every single day.
- I am an amazing person.
- I can work through my problems.
- Today I am a leader.
- I forgive myself for my mistakes.
- My challenges help me grow.
- I am perfect just the way I am.
- My mistakes help me learn and grow.
- Today is going to be a great day.
- I have courage and confidence.
- I can control my own happiness.
- I have people who love and respect me.
- I stand up for what I believe in.
- I believe in my goals and dreams.
- It’s okay not to know everything.
- Today I choose to think positive.
- I can get through anything.
- I can do tough things.
- I give myself permission to make choices.
- I can do better next time.
- I have everything I need right now.
- I am capable of so much.
- Everything will be okay.
- I believe in myself.
- I am proud of myself.
- I deserve to be happy.
- I am free to make my own choices.
- I deserve to be loved.
- I can make a difference.
- Today I choose to be confident.
- I am in charge of my life.
- I have the power to make my dreams true.
- I believe in myself and my abilities.
- Good things are going to come to me.
- I matter.
- My confidence grows when I step outside of my comfort zone.
- My positive thoughts create positive feelings.
- Today, I will work through my challenges.
- I am open and ready to learn.
- Every day is a fresh start.
- If I fall, I will get back up again.
- I am whole.
- I only compare myself to myself.
- I can do anything.
- It is enough to do my best.
- I can be anything I want to be.
- I accept who I am.
- Today is going to be an awesome day.
- It’s okay to make mistakes.
- I am making the right choices.
- I surround myself with positive people.
- I am a product of my decisions.
- I am strong and determined.
- Today is going to be my day.
- I have inner beauty.
- I have inner strength.
- No matter how hard it is, I can do it.
- I can live in the moment.
- I start with a positive mindset.
- Anything is possible.
- I radiate positive energy.
- Wonderful things are going to happen to me.
- I can take deep breaths.
- With every breath, I feel stronger.
- I am an original.
- I deserve all good things.
- My success is just around the corner.
- I give myself permission to make mistakes.
- I am thankful for today.
- I strive to do my best every day.
- I’m going to push through.
- I’ve got this.
- I can take it one step at a time.
- I’m working at my own pace.
- I’m going to take a chance.
- Today I am going to shine.
- I am going to get through this.
- I’m choosing to have an amazing day.
- I am in control of my emotions.
- My possibilities are endless.
- I am calm and relaxed.
- I am working on myself.
- I’m prepared to succeed.
- I am beautiful inside and out.
- Everything is fine.
- My voice matters.
- I accept myself for who I am.
- I am building my future.
- I choose to think positively.
- My happiness is up to me.
- I’m starting a new chapter today.
- I trust in my decisions.
- I can change the world.
- I am smart.
- I choose my own attitude.
- I am important.
- I am becoming the best version of myself.
- Today I will spread positivity.
- I am choosing my direction.
Remember to grab your positive affirmations list and use it to make your own lists!
Awesome!!!! Thanks a milion. I will use it for myself too . Great tool!
Thank you so much! I’m glad it’s helpful for you.
Ann B says
I love this, thank you! I have 5 grandchildren, 2 who can understand these, 2 who will when they get a little older and 1 who is mentally and physically disabled, however, I will say them to him as well, he isn’t verbal, but I know he hears what we say.
Loretta Rentas says
I used these affirmations every morning with my grandson who was bullied in one school transferred him to another school now he is happy and successful thank you!!!! ??
I love this thank you
I used these at the end of my virtual meeting with kindergarten students. Even though we are now doing school differently, I wanted them to remain positive. The adults in their lives needed to hear some of these too. Thank you for the list!
This is wonderful! I am setting up a “fortune teller” theme for our trick-or-treaters and this has been an invaluable resource for creating kid-friendly “fortunes”. Thank you so much for helping to spread positivity. It is so necessary right now!
these were great for the surpriz bags that me and my classmate are making thanks
1.My mistakes help me learn and grow.
2,I have the power to make my dreams true.
Shawn Quinones says
My youngest grandson has been having problems.
I am going to try this out and see if it helps. Been a very hard year.
make some more of these it is inspiring
Thank you so much for this list!