Whether you’ve already started or you’re just getting your classroom ready, back to school can be a big change from summer vacation for teachers. Once school starts, you’ll definitely miss the silence of waking up with no alarm clock and being able to go to the bathroom whenever you want. However, it’s more important to focus on the positive reasons why you will absolutely love going back to school.
5. Your awesome colleagues. Every teacher has those few colleagues who always have your back. You share lesson plans, ideas, strategies, and support when venting is needed.
4. Having a schedule again. While there is something very special about not having a set time for meals or sleep, it can definitely be a struggle for many teachers who thrive on routine. Getting back into a set routine can help you feel more productive and positive throughout the school year.
3. Laughing with kids. The kids in my classroom make me laugh every single day and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Sometimes they say the most hilarious and the most ridiculous things. One of the best parts of being an educator is getting to laugh and have a blast in your own classroom every day.
2. Having a fresh start. A new school year is always a great time to be a little more brave and try new things. You have the chance to try that new behavioral strategy, math program, or class activity.
1. Knowing you make a difference. Your students rely on you each and every day. For some students, school really is the happiest part of their day. And YOU help them feel loved, appreciated, and a valuable member in your classroom community. You truly change each and every one of your students’ lives.
To celebrate the back to school season, Teachers Pay Teachers is having a one-day bonus sale day on August 22nd! That means I’ll be giving away a $10 TpT gift card to one lucky winner. To enter just complete the raffle below. Good luck to all!